Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Bowls are easy to start in the morning and finish in just 15 minutes in the evening! These healthy Mexican style bowls are low in calories and carbs, yet high in protein. Served with cauliflower rice and fresh avocado, they're a great option for those on whole30, gluten free and keto diets!
Prepping the main protein for a bowl ahead of time, makes putting the bowl together for a healthy meal so much easier! It's also what makes these bowls perfect for meal prep. After the pulled pork has cooked in a slow cooker, you can toss the bowls together anytime!
You'll definitely want to add this whole30 pulled pork recipe to your list of meal prep recipes! It's easy to make and delicious!
How to make Pulled Pork Bowls
- Prepare the green chili pork tenderloin. Place diced onions, jalapenos and garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine ground cumin, salt and pepper to season the pork. Rub this seasoning mixture on a pork tenderloin, then place it in the slow cooker. Add diced green chilies, chicken broth and lime juice to the slow cooker.
- Quick Tip! Did you know that a pork tenderloin is as lean as a chicken breast? It's the most tender cut of pork and great for making healthy bowls with lean protein!
- Slow cook the pork tenderloin. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. After the pork has finished slow cooking, use two forks or meat claws to pull the pork tenderloin apart in the slow cooker.
- Prepare the bowls. Prepare Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice or Mexican Cauliflower Rice. Divide the cauliflower rice between four bowls, then top with the pulled pork, sliced avocado, sliced jalapenos and fresh cilantro. If you're not dairy free or on the whole30 diet, you can also add some crumbled cotija cheese on top!
Speaking of Whole30...
Is this pulled pork bowl whole30 compliant?
Yes, this pulled pork bowl is whole30 compliant, as long as a whole30 approved chicken broth is used to make the pulled pork. I used Pacific Foods Chicken Bone Broth, which is Whole30 compliant.
What else could I add to these pulled pork bowls?
- Sliced Red Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Beans
- Mango Salsa
- Shredded Lettuce
- Pico De Gallo
- Hot Sauce
- Avocado Dressing
- Diced Bell Peppers
- Sour Cream
Easy Pulled Pork Bowl Modifications
Make It Vegan
- Since the base of this bowl is pulled pork, if you're looking for a vegan bowl, I'd recommend checking out one of our other Mexican style plant based bowls, like Low Carb Vegan Fajita Bowls or Chipotle Cauliflower Vegan Taco Bowls.
Make It Low Carb
- This bowl is already low carb at 11 net carbs per bowl.
Meal Prep It
- For storage: prepare the pulled pork and cauliflower rice. Separate the cauliflower rice between four storage containers, top with the pulled pork. Place the sliced jalapenos and fresh cilantro in separate small plastic bags and into the storage containers. Wrap the avocado in plastic wrap and place it in the storage containers.
- To reheat and eat: Remove the avocado, jalapenos and cilantro from the storage containers. Place the pulled pork and cauliflower rice in the microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and top with the sliced avocado, fresh cilantro and jalapenos.
Add A Protein
- This bowl is already high in protein from the pulled pork tenderloin. Each bowl contains 40 grams of protein, so no additional protein source is needed.
For more Mexican style bowls, check out these 6 recipes!
- Sweet Potato Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Chipotle Chicken Bowl
- Veggie Fajita Salad
- Vegetarian Enchilada Bowls
- Tex Mex Egg Roll In A Bowl
- Elote Bowl
Slow Cooker Green Chili Pulled Pork Bowls
Slow Cooker Green Chili Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 jalapenos minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 pound pork tenderloin
- 8 ounce diced green chilies two - 4 oz cans
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 2 cups cilantro lime cauliflower rice click link for recipe
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ avocado thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- ½ cup queso fresco or cotija cheese
Slow Cooker Green Chili Pulled Pork
- Place the onion, jalapeno and garlic in the bottom of a large slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper and ground cumin.
- Rub this spice mixture on the pork tenderloin, then place it in the slow cooker.
- Top with the diced green chilies, chicken broth and lime juice.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred the pork tenderloin in the slow cooker and toss with the other ingredients.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between four bowls.
- Top with the pulled pork, cilantro, avocado, jalapeno and queso fresco.
- Leave off the queso fresco to make these bowls dairy free and whole30 approved.
- Also, be sure to use a whole30 approved chicken broth, like Pacific Foods Chicken Bone Broth, to make these bowls whole30 compliant.