Make Chipotle's Veggie Fajita Salad bowl at home with this easy recipe! It's incredibly flavorful, packed with veggies and made with the most delicious Chipotle Vinaigrette dressing!
This recipe is under 500 calories per serving, gluten free and vegetarian, making it a healthy option for any diet! It's also made in just 20 minutes, creating an easy meal anytime!
If you regularly head to Chipotle to pick up one of their healthy fajita salads, now you can easily make them at home! Made with the most delectable Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette dressing, this is not just another boring salad, this is an epically flavorful salad!
The best part is, it's easy to make in only 20 minutes with just a few simple steps!
How to make Veggie Fajita Salad Bowls
- Prepare the pico de gallo, guacamole and chipotle vinaigrette ahead of time. If you don't have time to make each of these toppings, definitely make the vinaigrette, it's the star of this show! You can substitute in fresh diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro for the pico de gallo and diced avocado for the guacamole.
- Prepare the fajita veggies. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced bell peppers, red onions, oregano and salt. Sauté the veggies for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the salad greens. Chipotle uses a blend of greens they call "super greens". It's a combination of baby kale, baby spinach and chopped romaine lettuce. You can use the same combination, or a combination of whatever you have on hand. Toss the greens in a large bowl with the prepared Chipotle Vinaigrette dressing, then divide the greens between two bowls.
- Assemble the salad. Top the dressed greens with the sautéed pepper and onion mixture, black beans, pico de gallo and guacamole.
Easy Fajita Salad Modifications
Make It Vegan
- The only modification needed to make this salad vegan is to substitute the honey in the Chipotle Vinaigrette dressing with agave syrup.
Make It Low Carb
- Omit the black beans to reduce the carbs from 41 grams per bowl, down to 31 grams per bowl.
- To make these bowls keto-friendly, follow the instructions on the Chipotle Vinaigrette recipe to replace the honey with a keto-friendly substitute. Making this substitution, as well as omitting the black beans, will reduce the carbs to 27 carbs per bowl.
Meal Prep It
- For storage: I recommend using a divided storage container, so that you can store the greens on one side of the container and the sauteed veggies on the other side. I'm kind of obsessed with these PackIt Storage Containers right now. They have removable dividers, so when you're ready to eat the salad, you can remove the dividers and toss everything together. It also comes with a small storage container where you can store the chipotle vinaigrette salad dressing. The black beans can be tossed with the sautéed veggies and stored with them. If adding the pico de gallo and guacamole on top of the salad, they should be stored separately in small containers.
- Note: When storing guacamole, I recommend pressing a piece of plastic wrap on top of the guacamole. This prevents air from getting in, which is what causes guacamole to brown on top.
- To reheat and eat: I actually recommend eating this salad cold. If you'd like to, you can heat up the sautéed veggies separately from everything else in the microwave for 90 seconds, then add them to the salad. Always store the chipotle vinaigrette in a separate container and toss with the salad right before eating.
Add a Protein
- For a plant based protein, add an additional ½ cup black beans to each bowl. This will add 7 grams of protein to each bowl, for a total of 17 grams of protein per bowl.
- For a meat based protein option, add grilled chicken to the salad. I highly recommend using the marinade in this recipe for Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajitas. While this recipe dices and skewers the chicken before grilling, you can simply keep the chicken breasts whole, use the delicious marinade from this recipe and grill the chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes per side. Once the chicken comes off the grill, slice the chicken and add it to the bowls for a delicious chicken fajita salad!
- Note: I recommend grilling one pound of chicken for this recipe, divided by two bowls, that will add 8 oz of chicken to each bowl. This will add 50 grams of protein to each bowl for a total of 60 grams of protein per bowl.
Looking for more easy Mexican bowl recipes? Check out these 5 favorites!
- Sweet Potato Vegan Burrito Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Chipotle Cauliflower Vegan Taco Bowl
- Tex Mex Egg Roll In A Bowl with Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Vegetarian Enchilada Bowl with Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- Elote Bowl
Veggie Fajita Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups bell peppers sliced
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups supergreens baby kale, baby spinach and/or chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup chipotle honey vinaigrette click link for recipe
- ½ cup black beans canned, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup pico de gallo click link for recipe
- ½ cup guacamole or diced avocado
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, red onion, oregano and salt.
- Saute for 10 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the supergreens with the chipotle honey vinaigrette.
- Divide the dressed greens between two bowls.
- Top with the fajita veggies, black beans, pico de gallo and guacamole.
- If you don't have time to make the pico de gallo and guacamole to go on top, substitute in ½ cup diced tomatoes tossed with 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro to replace the pico de gallo and substitute ½ diced avocado for the guacamole.