It's easy to blend up the best, most creamy Avocado Vinaigrette dressing in just 5 minutes! Toss it with your favorite salad, or use it as a dip for veggies. This salad dressing is versatile, vegan, gluten free and perfect for those on a keto diet!
Making your own salad dressing from scratch is easy to do and it tastes so much better than anything from a bottle! The fresh flavors are amazing and there's no added unnecessary ingredients. Plus, you can adjust the recipe to fit your taste preferences or fit your dietary needs!
This creamy Avocado Vinaigrette dressing blends ripe avocados with olive oil, vinegar and seasonings for an amazingly flavorful dressing you'll want drizzled on everything!
Not only does this vinaigrette taste great, but it's vegan, gluten free, low carb, and provides healthy fats!
Take just 5 minutes to make up a batch of this dressing to have on hand for all of your salad drizzling, bowl topping and veggie dipping needs!
- Avocado - pick a ripe, medium-size avocado. You can tell when an avocado is ripe when you gently squeeze it and it has a little give to it. I prefer hass avocados because it's the variety that's easiest to find at the grocery store, but any type of avocado will work in this recipe.
- White balsamic vinegar - you can use traditional balsamic vinegar, but the color of the dressing will turn out light brown, instead of green. White balsamic vinegar is sold online and in most major grocery stores, near the other vinegars.
- Lemon juice - fresh squeezed is always preferred for the best flavor! If you don't have fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice will work as well. You can also substitute in fresh lime juice, in a pinch!
- Black pepper
- Olive oil - extra virgin olive oil is preferred, or for even more avocado goodness, you can also use avocado oil. Or, feel free to substitute with any other neutral tasting oils.
- Blend the ingredients. Add all of the ingredients to a blender, or food processor, and blend until smooth, with a creamy consistency. I use a Nutribullet to both blend and store the dressing.
Seriously, that’s it! One step and you’re done!
Frequently asked questions
- How long will it last in the refrigerator? This vinaigrette dressing will last for up to one week. Seal it in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Is the dressing low carb? Yes, at only 1 net carb per ounce, this dressing is low carb and perfect for those on a keto diet.
- Is it gluten free? Yes, all of the ingredients in this recipe are naturally gluten free.
- Which vinegar is best for vinaigrette? It really depends on the type of dressing you are making. Balsamic vinegar has the sweetest and most robust flavor, red wine vinegar is a bit more tart but still has good flavor, and white wine vinegar is best for more light tasting dressings.
- What can I substitute for olive oil in salad dressing? Any other oil such as avocado, vegetable oils, or nut oil can be used. Just note that stronger tasting oils will change the end result.
Ways to use it
- As a salad dressing - drizzle this avocado vinaigrette all over your favorite salads! It's great on this Roasted Chickpea Salad (pictured above) or this Grilled Peach Salad. Or toss it with fresh greens like spinach, kale or arugula, then load up the salad with carrots, cucumber, avocado chunks, and tomato.
- As a dip - make a healthy snack by dunking crisp celery, pepper strips, carrot sticks, or jicama into the dressing. It would also be great with crackers or tortilla chips!
- As a bowl topper - top your favorite buddha bowls with this creamy dressing! It goes nicely on Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls and Whole30 Grilled BBQ Chicken Bowls.
- Drizzle it over roasted vegetables - carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, and potatoes will all taste great with this sauce!
- On grilled meats - slather it all over a juicy grilled steak, chicken breasts, pork chops, or shrimp.
- For tacos - load tortillas with your favorite meat, veggies, or black beans, then top with jalapeño or radishes, fresh cilantro, red onion, and this avocado dressing!
- As a sandwich spread - slather this all over bread for your favorite deli or veggie sandwiches, instead of mayo!
More salad dressing recipes
Try these other fresh and flavorful, homemade salad dressing recipes!
- Vegan Poblano Cashew Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Almond Butter Turmeric Salad Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 avocado skin & pit removed
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- This vinaigrette dressing will last for up to one week. Seal it in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- The nutritional information provided is for 1 ounce, or 2 tablespoons, of dressing. Each 1 ounce serving of the dressing contains 1 net carb, making it a low carb option for those on a keto diet.
- You can use traditional balsamic vinegar in this recipe, but the color of the dressing will turn out light brown, instead of green. White balsamic vinegar is sold online and in most major grocery stores, near the other vinegars.