A Grilled Peach Salad really is the ultimate summer salad! It's easy to make, incredibly flavorful & this recipe is both gluten free & vegan! Start with a base of fresh, peppery arugula, load it up with juicy grilled peaches, cherry tomatoes and creamy avocado for an epic salad recipe!
In just 15 minutes, you can whip up the ultimate grilled peach salad! It's filling enough as a meal for 2 or perfect as a summer side dish for 4-6 people.
When peaches are in season, I just can't get enough of the sweet, juicy fruit! What's even better than taking a bite out of a raw peach? Tossing peaches in balsamic vinegar and throwing them on the grill!
Grilling peaches brings out even more of their natural sweet flavor. The only problem with this recipe? Trying to get the grilled peaches on the salad without eating them all first!
What you'll need
- Fresh, ripe peaches - the peaches can be yellow or white. The peach should NOT be hard, but also not too soft. You want to be able to gently squeeze the peach with some give, but not so much that it indents when squeezed.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Baby Arugula - this is my preferred green for this salad, but other greens can be used in it's place, like baby spinach or spring mix.
- Lemon Vinaigrette - this salad dressing is easy to mix up in 5 minutes or less and pairs perfectly with this salad! Or for a fun spin on the salad, try this Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing.
- Cherry Tomatoes - I have an abundance of cherry tomatoes in the summer because I grow them in my garden. Other varieties of tomatoes can be used in their place, if you prefer.
- Roasted Sliced Almonds - I love the flavor the roasted almonds add to this salad, but you can also use raw almonds, or sub in your favorite nut! Candied pecans would pair perfectly with the sweet grilled peaches on this salad. Pistachios or cashews would also work well!
Step by step instructions
- Slice the peaches. Slice each peach into 12 slices. To do this, you'll want to slice the peach down the middle and around the pit, then twist each side off of the pit. Just like you would do with an avocado! Slice each half of the peach into 6 slices.
- Prepare the peaches for the grill. In a medium bowl, toss the peach slices with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Grill the peaches. Preheat a grill to medium high heat and lightly brush the grill grates with oil. Once the grill is hot, add the peaches, cut sides down, on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the peaches from the grill and let them cool while preparing the salad.
- Toss the salad together. In a large bowl, toss baby arugula with the lemon vinaigrette dressing. Top with cherry tomatoes, roasted sliced almonds, diced avocado and the grilled peaches.
- Optional: add fresh ground pepper and feta cheese crumbles on top of the salad .
Frequently asked questions
- Should you peel the peaches before grilling? Nope! The peach skins are perfectly edible and delicious when grilled. Just give the peaches a good scrub before slicing them up to grill.
- Can you grill the peaches on the stove? Yes! I recommend a grill pan to get those beautiful grill marks on the peaches. But if you don't have one available, any skillet will work. Simply heat the skillet over high heat, spray with cooking oil, then add the peaches and let them cook in the skillet, untouched, for 2-3 minutes before flipping and cooking the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Can you grill the peaches ahead of time? Yes, you can grill the peaches up to 48 hours ahead of time. Place them in a plastic zipper bag and into the fridge. When you're ready to make the salad, simply toss them in, straight from the fridge!
- What other cheese would be good on this recipe? Burrata, goat cheese or feta cheese all work perfectly on this salad. If you're not vegan, I definitely recommend tossing one of these creamy cheeses on top!
Make it vegan
- Without the optional feta cheese addition, this salad is already vegan, so no modifications need to be made.
Make it low carb
- Peaches are a high carb fruit, but since they're the star of this salad, I do not recommend replacing them. This salad contains 18 net carbs per serving. If you're looking for a salad with less carbs, I recommend checking out this Low Carb Greek Cauliflower Rice Salad.
Meal prep it
- For storage:
- Prepare the grilled peaches. Divide them into two separate refrigerator zipper bags.
- Divide the arugula into two large storage containers.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, unsliced, to the containers, along with the almonds and a bag of grilled peaches.
- Divide the lemon vinaigrette dressing between two small salad dressing containers. Add one container to each of the larger containers with the other salad ingredients.
- Wrap two ¼ avocado's in plastic wrap and place each one in a storage container with the other salad ingredients.
- When ready to eat, slice the cherry tomatoes in half, dice the avocado and toss the salad with the lemon vinaigrette dressing.
- Storage time: the prepared ingredients for this salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Add a protein
- For additional plant based protein, add hemp seeds or additional almonds to the salad.
- One tablespoon of hemp seeds will add 3 grams of protein to each salad, for a total of 11 grams of protein per serving.
- Add an additional ¼ cup roasted sliced almonds to the recipe, for a total of ¼ cup almonds per serving. This will add an additional 3 grams of protein per salad, for a total of 11 grams of protein per serving.
- For a meat based protein option, add grilled chicken or sliced prosciutto to the salad.
- For the grilled chicken option, check out this popular balsamic grilled chicken recipe. Adding ½ pound grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts to each salad will add 50 grams of protein per serving, for a total of 58 grams of protein.
- Prosciutto and pears are a match made in heaven! Adding 1 ounce (approximately 2 slices) of dry cured prosciutto to each salad will add 8 grams of protein for a total of 16 grams of protein per serving.
More salad recipes to try
- Kale Beet Salad
- Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- Chipotle Copycat Veggie Fajita Salad
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- Kale Sweet Potato Salad
- Buffalo Tofu Salad
- Greek Salad
Grilled Peach Salad
- 2 ripe peaches sliced into 12 slices per peach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons lemon vinaigrette click link for the recipe
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup roasted sliced almonds
- ½ avocado diced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Toss the peach slices with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat and brush the grill grates with oil.
- Once the grill is hot, place the peaches on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and let cool at room temperature while preparing the rest of the salad.
- In a large bowl, toss the baby arugula with the lemon vinaigrette.
- Divide the arugula between two bowls.
- Top the bowls with the grilled peaches, cherry tomatoes, roasted almonds and diced avocado.
- Ripe Peaches: to make sure your peaches are ripe, give them a gentle squeeze. They should have a little give, but not indent when squeezed.
- Make Ahead: the peaches can be grilled up to 48 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to make the salad.
- Peeling Peaches: the peaches do NOT need to be peeled before slicing and grilling them. Just give them a good scrub before slicing into them!