Add a burst of flavor to your favorite salad or buddha bowl with this Lemon Tahini Dressing recipe! I guarantee you, this is THE BEST creamy, vegan salad dressing ever! It’s easy to make in just 10 minutes, healthy, sugar free, gluten free and whole 30 approved!
What is tahini?
Tahini is a ground sesame seed paste, found commonly in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes. When blended with other ingredients, like lemon juice and garlic cloves it makes for an incredibly creamy sauce!
What’s in lemon tahini dressing?
Tahini dressing is made with a combination of approximately 1 part tahini, 2 parts liquid and spices for flavor. The following 5 simple ingredients make up this delicious Lemon Tahini Dressing recipe.
- Tahini – you can purchase tahini at the grocery store. It’s usually found in the same aisle with the peanut butter. Or you can make your own tahini at home.
- Lemon Juice – I always recommend using fresh lemon juice, especially when it’s the star of the recipe!
- Garlic Cloves
- Smoked Paprika – this can be left out or substituted with regular paprika if you’d like. But I do highly recommend giving it a try, as it brings a delicious smokey flavor to the sauce!
- Cayenne Pepper – adding just a smidge of the spice goes a long way for adding a lot of flavor and a little spice to this recipe.
How to make Lemon Tahini Dressing
There’s nothing I love more than a “dump and blend” sauce recipe. And this Lemon Tahini Sauce is made with just that method! Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.
I like to use a NutriBullet, because I can then store the leftover dressing in the same container that I blended it in!
Speaking of storing this dressing, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
If freezing the dressing, I recommend pouring it into ice cube trays. Once frozen, transfer the cubes of tahini dressing into a freezer bag and store in the freezer until ready to use.
To defrost, place the number of cubes you’d like to defrost in a bowl in the refrigerator and allow to defrost for 12 hours. Remove from the refrigerator, add to a blender and puree until smooth.
How to use Tahini Dressing
Around here, we love drizzling tahini dressing over our favorite buddha bowls and salads. But it’s also delicious served over roasted veggies, like sweet potatoes and broccoli, or with your favorite Mediterranean recipes.
Make a big batch of this tahini dressing and serve it with these recipes throughout the week!
- Roasted Broccoli Brown Rice Bowls (pictured above) – this bowl was the original inspiration for this tahini dressing recipe. The roasted broccoli, chickpeas, onions and avocado in these bowls are so delicious when topped with this tahini dressing!
- Kale Beet Salad – creamy lemon dressing + balsamic roasted beets and tender shredded kale = one delicious salad!
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls – instead of using the Thai peanut dressing in these buddha bowls, try topping them with this Lemon Tahini Dressing. I promise, it’s so delicious!
- Za’atar Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls – zesty lemon tahini dressing pairs perfectly with the Middle Eastern spiced veggies in this quinoa bowl recipe!
- Cauliflower Shawarma Buddha Bowl from Our Salty Kitchen
- Baked Falafal Quinoa Bowls from Hunger Thirst Play
Looking for more delicious vegan sauces and dressings? Check out these 5 fantastic recipes!
- Harissa Tahini Sauce – a similar recipe with a little extra spice! It’s so fantastic on these Charred Cauliflower Bowls!
- Vegan Poblano Ranch Dressing – this delicious ranch dressing gets its creamy base from cashews and it’s delicious flavor from fresh herbs. It’s wonderful in this Vegan Kale Cobb Salad recipe!
- Chipotle Vinaigrette – this copycat salad dressing from Chipotle is so flavorful and easy to make! It’s delicious tossed with this Vegan Fajita Salad!
- Cashew Chipotle Cream Sauce – don’t be fooled by the name, there’s no dairy in this sauce. Soaked cashews make it so creamy and chipotle peppers add a ton of flavor! I can’t get enough of it on this Sweet Potato Vegan Burrito Bowl!
- Miso Vinaigrette – this Japanese style vinaigrette dressing is delicious on this Asian Style Brussels Sprout Bowl!
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Storage: store extra tahini dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Servings: each serving of the dressing is 1 ounce, which equals 2 tablespoons dressing. This recipe makes 11 servings.