Zesty, sweet and incredibly flavorful, you'll want to put this Honey Lime Dressing on everything! From salads, to bowls, to wraps, this delicious dressing adds a kick of flavor to anything you add it to! It's light, healthy and easy to blend together in just 5 minutes!
Try it in this Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowl or this Caribbean Salad with Jerk Shrimp!
Inspired by the Honey Lime Dressing on the Caribbean Chicken Salad at Chili's, this salad dressing has everything you could want in a sauce. It's flavorful, zesty, light and fresh!
Using a combination of cilantro, garlic and jalapeno, paired with olive oil, honey, dijon mustard and lime juice, this salad dressing is a 10/10 in the flavor department. Toss it with a Mexican Chopped Salad, Caribbean Chicken Salad or with your favorite side salad.
It's so delicious, dairy-free, gluten-free and easy to make in just 5 minutes!
Ingredients you'll need
- Garlic Clove - if you have a high powered blender, you can leave the garlic clove whole or chop it into large pieces and let the blender do the rest of the work. If your blender isn't quite as powerful, I recommend crushing or mincing the garlic before adding it to the blender, to make sure it gets well incorporated into the dressing.
- Jalapeno - the same thing that applies to the garlic, applies for the jalapeno. If using a high powered blender, you can roughly chop the jalapeno and let the blender do the rest of the work. If using a less powerful blender, you'll want to mince the jalapeno up into small pieces before adding it to the blender.
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice - since the lime juice makes up almost ¼ of the sauce, I do recommend using fresh-squeezed for the best flavor!
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Honey - if you want to make this recipe vegan, I recommend using agave syrup instead of honey.
- Dijon Mustard
- Ground Ginger - you can also use fresh grated ginger, if you'd like. Simply substitute ¼ teaspoon ground ginger with ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger.
- Blender or food processor - I use a NutriBullet to make all of my sauces and salad dressings. It's worked like a charm for almost a decade and I would definitely recommend it!
How to make the salad dressing
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
Seriously, that’s it! One step and you’re done!
Because this salad dressing does not contain dairy, it will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Always be sure to store the dressing in an airtight container to keep it fresh!
What to do with the dressing
- Use it as a salad dressing – I think this one is pretty obvious, but having this dressing on hand will make you seriously crave salads! Try it tossed with a Caribbean Salad with Jerk Shrimp. I guarantee, you will not be disappointed!
- As a bowl topper - drizzle this dressing over your favorite buddha bowl, zoodle bowl or quinoa bowl! Try it on these recipes for Blackened Shrimp Bowls, Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls or Mexican Roasted Delicata Squash Bowls.
- As a vegetable dip – this dressing is so flavorful, you’ll love dipping carrots, bell peppers or celery in it, for a healthy snack!
- As a marinade – use the dressing to marinate chicken or fish! Simply toss 1 pound of meat with ¼ cup of the dressing and marinate for at least 30 minutes before tossing on the grill or roasting in the oven.
- Add it to a sandwich or wrap - drizzle this dressing into a grilled chicken wrap or on a turkey sandwich for an instant boost of flavor!
More healthy salad dressings and sauces to try
- Roasted Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce - vegan | whole30 approved
- Almond Butter Turmeric Salad Dressing - vegan | low carb
- Whole30 BBQ Sauce - vegan | low carb | whole30 approved
- Lemon Tahini Dressing - vegan | whole30 approved
- Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing - whole30 approved | low calorie | low carb
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 jalapeño roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend into a smooth consistency.
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
- To make this recipe vegan, use agave nectar to replace the honey.