This is truly THE BEST vegan avocado ranch dressing recipe out there! It's made with soaked cashews, creamy avocado & fresh herbs, for so much flavor! After soaking the cashews, the recipe comes together in just 5 minutes. So you can quickly get to dipping and drizzling this avocado ranch dressing on everything!
This healthy recipe is amazing as a salad dressing, perfect for dipping veggies and wonderful on these BBQ Chicken Bowls! At only 1 net carb per ounce, this dressing is perfect for those on a low carb or keto diet.
This easy homemade dressing recipe is also whole30 approved, paleo and gluten free! Healthy, flavorful and delicious, what more could you ask for?
Step by step instructions
This recipe is not only incredibly flavorful and perfect for anyone who loves avocados, it's also super easy to make! Just follow these 4 simple steps to avocado ranch perfection!
- Soak cashews. Soak ½ cup unsalted cashews in water for a minimum of 2 hours, or up to 10 hours. The cashews can be raw or roasted, but preferably unsalted. I usually soak mine overnight, so that I can quickly make the dressing the next morning, then pop it in the fridge.
- Blend the ingredients together. Add the soaked cashews to a blender or food processor. Add ½ avocado, water, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and olive oil. Blend until smooth and creamy, 30-60 seconds.
- Quick Tip! I like to use a NutriBullet to make this dressing, because I can blend and store the dressing in the same container. The less dishes, the better, in my kitchen!
- Hand mix in the fresh herbs. Add fresh chopped green onions, dill and parsley to the dressing. Use a spoon or spatula to gently stir the fresh herbs into the ranch dressing.
- Quick Tip! I highly recommend using fresh herbs in this recipe, but if all you have on hand is dried herbs, you can substitute them in this dressing. You will only need one tablespoon of each of the dried herbs, instead of ¼ cup of fresh herbs.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Is the dressing keto approved?
Yes, this avocado ranch dressing recipe only contains 1 net carb per ounce or ½ net carb per tablespoon, making it perfect for the keto diet. Serve it over grilled chicken or shrimp for a delicious keto meal!
Is it healthy?
Filled with cashews, avocado and olive oil, which are all good, healthy fats, this is a wonderfully healthy salad dressing option. It's dairy free and gluten free, making it the perfect dressing for those with dairy or gluten sensitivities.
And it's a healthy alternative to traditional ranch dressing at almost ⅓ of the calories and ⅓ of the fat. This vegan avocado ranch dressing contains just 26 calories per tablespoon and 2.5 grams of healthy fats.
How to use the dressing in recipes
When I say this Avocado Ranch Dressing is good on everything, I truly mean it! I put it on salads, bowls, tacos, eggs, literally everything!! I honestly can't keep it in my fridge for more than a week before I'm scraping the jar empty again!
Another great thing about this recipe, is it's both a dressing and dip. Here are a few of my favorite ways to drizzle and dip this Avocado Dressing!
- On top of these BBQ Chicken Bowls (pictured above)
- Tossed with this Buffalo Tofu Salad, Whole30 Taco Salad or Buffalo Tempeh Salad.
- As a dip for raw veggies - cauliflower florets, carrot or celery sticks, broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes and bell pepper strips are all delicious paired with this avocado ranch dip for a healthy snack!
- Drizzled over grilled veggies - inspired by how delicious this dressing was drizzled over the grilled asparagus in the bbq chicken bowls mentioned above, I now drizzle this avocado ranch dressing over all of my grilled veggies!
- As a dip for buffalo zucchini chips - seriously, match made in heaven!
- Drizzled on top of these Low Carb Nachos
More vegan sauces and salad dressings to try
- Creamy Vegan Cashew Chipotle Sauce
- Miso Vinaigrette
- Sweet Sesame Sauce
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- Almond Butter Turmeric Salad Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup unsalted cashews soaked 8-10 hours
- ½ avocado
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Soak cashews covered in water for 8-10 hours. (I usually do this overnight.)
- Drain the cashews from the water and transfer to a blender.
- Add the avocado, water, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Turn the blender on and blend until smooth and creamy, 30-60 seconds.
- Turn the blender off, add the green onions, dill and parsley and hand mix in the fresh herbs.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- This dressing is naturally gluten free and dairy free.