Lemony, luscious and oh-so-creamy, this Whipped Feta Dip is perfect as a veggie dip or served on top of your favorite bowl! It's easy to make in just 5 minutes with feta cheese, greek yogurt and lemon juice.
Try it with bell peppers or pita chips for dipping, or serve it with this Harissa Chicken Bowl!
If you're looking for the most creamy dip ever, that also doubles as a delicious sauce, you just found it! Whipped feta dip is just what it sounds like, salty feta cheese is whipped with greek yogurt, olive oil and lemon juice to create a seriously creamy experience!
While whipped feta is traditionally served as a dip with pita chips or vegetables, I also like to add it to Mediterranean and Middle Eastern style bowls. It's great for cooling down a spicy bowl, like this Harissa Chicken Bowl. It's also the perfect compliment to a Chicken Shawarma Bowl.
Whether you dip it or drizzle it, I know that you're going to fall in love with this creamy feta recipe. It's so delicious and easy to make in just 5 minutes!
What you'll need
- Feta cheese - the feta can be in a block or crumbled, it's going to be blended either way, so it really doesn't matter.
- Greek yogurt - be sure to buy plain greek yogurt, with no flavors added.
- Olive oil
- Lemon - you'll use both the juice and zest from the lemon, so be sure to pick out a fresh, bright yellow lemon with no blemishes on the outside.
- Garlic clove
How to make it
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, or food processor. I used my NutriBullet for this recipe.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately at room temperature, or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Seriously, that's it, two steps and you've made yourself the most creamy, dreamy dip ever!
Frequently asked questions
- Can you freeze whipped feta? I do not recommend freezing this dip. The dairy will separate when frozen and you will not have the same luscious, creamy texture as when it's made fresh.
- How long does whipped feta last? This dip will last in the refrigerator for up to one week. I recommend storing it in a container with a tight fitting lid. The dip will thicken after it's been in the refrigerator. Remove it 10-15 minutes before serving, or stir in a little extra greek yogurt to thin it out before serving.
- What else can you add to the dip? Feel free to stir in some fresh herbs like dill, mint, basil or parsley. You can chop them up and stir them in the dip after it's been blended or blend the herbs in with the dip. You can also add some red pepper flakes for a little spice or honey for a little sweetness.
- How do you make the dip thicker? Since I wanted to make this recipe both a dip and sauce, I used 2 tablespoons water to thin out the dip for drizzling over bowls. If you'd like the dip to have a thicker consistency, leave the water out of the recipe.
What to serve with whipped feta
Since whipped feta can serve as both a dip and a sauce, you can serve it with all kinds of different snacks and meals! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Raw vegetables - veggies like carrot sticks, bell peppers, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and broccoli florets are all perfect for serving with the dip.
- Roasted or grilled vegetables - drizzle this whipped feta over roasted or grilled vegetables, or serve it on the side for dunking the veggies in the dip. Either way, it's the perfect pairing for roasted or grilled vegetables like zucchini, summer squash, asparagus or eggplant.
- Bowls - I originally created this feta dip to go with these Harissa Chicken Bowls (pictured above). The light, creamy dip, pairs perfectly with the spicy, flavorful harissa chicken. Try adding the dip to these other bowls as well.
- Pita chips - or warm pita bread are both perfect for dipping into this creamy dip!
- On toast - spread the whipped dip on a piece of toast. Stop there, or top it with a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning, sliced tomatoes or a drizzle of zhoug sauce.
- In a gyro or pita sandwich - try a dollop on top of these Ground Turkey Gyros, I promise, you won't be disappointed!
More dips and sauces to try
- Vegan Avocado Ranch Dip
- Marinara Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce
- Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce
- Harissa Tahini Sauce
Creamy Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 ounce feta cheese
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Storage: this dip will stay good in the refrigerator, stored in an airtight container, for up to 7 days. I do not recommend freezing the dip.
- To make it thicker: Since I wanted to make this recipe both a dip and sauce, I used 2 tablespoons water to thin out the dip for drizzling over bowls. If you'd like the dip to have a thicker consistency, leave the water out of the recipe.
- Dip additions: Feel free to stir in some fresh herbs like dill, mint, basil or parsley. You can chop them up and stir them in the dip after it's been blended or blend the herbs in with the dip. You can also add some red pepper flakes for a little spice or honey for a little sweetness.