Ditch the bagel, but keep the seasoning in this Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe! A delicious combination of sesame seeds, poppy seeds and flaky sea salt are perfect for topping your favorite bowls!
This homemade seasoning mix is easy to whip up in 5 minutes, it's low calorie, low carb, gluten free and vegan! Try it on top of these tasty Breakfast Quinoa Bowls!
Everything bagel seasoning is the popular blend of seeds and spices that top an everything bagel. Trader Joe's decided to the take all of those delicious toppings off the bagel and bottle them up. Ever since then, Everything But The Bagel Seasoning has been a hit!
In this recipe, I recreated Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning Blend. Now you don't have to make a special trip to Trader Joe's to pick up the seasoning mix, because you can easily make it at home!
With just 6 ingredients, in 5 minutes, you'll have your own homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning ready to top your favorite bowls, eggs or avocado toast!
What is it made of?
- Sesame Seeds - in this recipe, I use a combination of white and black sesame seeds, just like Trader Joe's! If you can't find black sesame seeds at your local grocery store, you can order them online, or just use white sesame seeds in this recipe.
- Flaked Sea Salt - I highly recommend using sea salt flakes in this recipe, because of the delicious texture it adds to the seasoning blend. But if you already have coarse sea salt at home, you can use that instead.
- Poppy Seeds
- Dried Minced Onion - please do not replace the minced dried onion with onion powder, the texture is key to this seasoning and it will not work the same with onion powder!
- Dried Minced Garlic - same as the onion powder, do not try to use garlic powder or the consistency of the seasoning mix will be off!
To make the everything bagel seasoning blend, simply mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl or mason jar. Store the seasoning in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
What do you do with it?
The possibilities really are endless, after all it does have "everything" in the name! Here are 15 ideas to get you started.
- Breakfast Quinoa Bowls (pictured above) - an incredibly healthy breakfast that's easy to make in 10 minutes!
- Breakfast Burrito Bowls - add a kick of spice and Mexican flair to your breakfast bowl by sprinkling this seasoning mix over these breakfast burrito bowls!
- Roasted Broccoli Bowls with Lemon Tahini Dressing - tahini is made with sesame seeds, so it pairs perfectly with this seasoning blend. Sprinkle some of the seasoning on top of these bowls as a delicious finish to the dish!
- Tofu Scramble Burrito Bowls - this vegan version of my breakfast burrito bowl is made even more delicious with a sprinkling of this seasoning on top!
- Greek Cauliflower Rice Salad (or any salad, really!) - a sprinkling of this seasoning blend on top of a salad gives it the perfect, flavorful finishing touch!
- Avocado Toast - toasted bread + smashed avocado + everything bagel seasoning + a drizzle of EVOO = my breakfast almost every morning!
- Eggs - fried, scrambled or deviled, the options are endless for eggs topped with this delicious seasoning blend!
- Avocado Egg Salad Toast - an awesome recipe for breakfast or lunch!
- Baked Potatoes - with a little sour cream & everything bagel seasoning, oh yes!
- Tomato Slices + a sprinkling of the seasoning mix = the perfect summer snack!
- Hummus - sprinkle a little everything bagel seasoning on top of hummus, with veggies on the side for dipping! Healthy and delicious!
- Roasted Vegetables - drizzle your favorite vegetables with olive oil, then sprinkle with this seasoning mix for a delicious twist on roasted veggies!
- Corn on the Cob - instead of salt and pepper, butter your grilled corn, then sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on top!
- Chicken - rub the seasoning on chicken breasts with a little olive oil for a flavorful spin on roasted or grilled chicken!
- Olive Oil - mix the seasoning blend with olive oil and use it as a dip for bread.
- Cauliflower Rice - mix some Everything Bagel Seasoning into roasted or steamed cauliflower rice for extra flavor and texture!
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball - roll a cheddar cream cheese ball in the seasoning for an easy appetizer!
- Make a dip! - mix the seasoning blend with cream cheese and sour cream to make an Everything Bagel Dip. Perfect for dipping with veggies, crackers or pita chips!
Is it whole30 approved?
Yes, this everything bagel seasoning only contains seeds and spices, all compliant with a whole30 diet. Try it on top of these Whole30 Charred Cauliflower Bowls or this Whole30 Roasted Cauliflower Salad.
More homemade seasoning recipes to try
Ditch the store bought seasoning blends and make your own at home! They're less expensive, better for you and more delicious! Check out some of our favorites.
- Moroccan Seasoning
- Shawarma Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Chili Seasoning
- Fajita Seasoning
- Italian Seasoning
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 3 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl or mason jar.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
- Coarse sea salt can be used in place of the sea salt flakes.