Fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and onions are tossed in a delicious lemon herb vinaigrette dressing to create this bright, healthy Cucumber Tomato Salad recipe! It's easy to make in just 10 minutes, low calorie, vegan and keto-friendly!
How to make cucumber tomato salad
- Combine fresh diced cucumber, quartered cherry tomatoes, diced red onions and freshly chopped mint in a large bowl.
- Tip #1: If fresh mint can't be found, freeze-dried mint is a great back up.
- Tip #2: If cherry tomatoes can't be found, diced roma tomatoes can be used in their place. The most important thing is that the tomatoes are ripe. Ripe tomatoes should be slightly tender when touched and bright red in color.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt and pepper to the bowl to create the dressing.
- Mix everything together, then serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What type of cucumbers should you use in a salad?
I prefer English cucumbers, also known as hot house cucumbers, in a salad. They contain minimal seeds and have a thin skin, making them perfect for salads, because you do not have to peel or seed the cucumbers before dicing them up and adding them to a salad.
Persian cucumbers are very similar to English cucumbers and are also a great cucumber variety for salads.
How long does the salad last in the refrigerator?
This salad will stay good, sealed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. After 3 days, the texture of the tomatoes and cucumbers will be sacrificed.
How many calories are in the salad?
This tomato cucumber salad recipe contains 44 calories per serving. Each serving is ½ cup.
How to serve the salad
This cucumber tomato salad is light and refreshing, and delicious as a side dish at a BBQ or summer picnic. It's also a great addition to bowls and perfect for topping these Ground Turkey Gyros! Try it in these tasty bowl recipes.
- Harissa Honey Chicken Bowls - CAVA copycat recipe
- Vegan Falafel Bowls
- Harissa Shrimp Bowl
- Za'atar Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
- Grilled Harissa Chicken Bowl
- Mediterranean Shrimp Bowls
- Harissa Broccoli Bowl
- Greek Chicken Zoodle Bowls from WhitneyBond.com
More salsas and sauces to try
- Harissa Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Poblano Cashew Ranch Dressing
- Chunky Avocado Salsa
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Zhoug Sauce
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the onion, tomato, cucumber and mint to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This salad will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, when properly stored in an airtight container.